These recent and scrumptious Teriyaki Shrimp Quinoa Bowls seasoned with honey, ginger, and soy sauce are topped with avocado and a Cucumber Salsa.
Teriyaki Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
I like grain bowls. I often gravitate to rice bowls, however I additionally love one with quinoa. This shrimp teriyaki bowl is ideal! To present the quinoa further taste, I prepare dinner it in vegetable broth, then toss it with chopped scallions. Whereas that cooks, I cube the mangoes, cucumbers, and jalapeño to make the salsa and squeeze some recent lime over it with cilantro and a pinch of salt. The shrimp solely takes a couple of minutes to prepare dinner, so by the point the quinoa is finished, the remainder is prepared, and it’s fast to place collectively. Easier quinoa bowl recipes are this Lemon-Chili Shrimp Quinoa Bowl and Quinoa Huevos Rancheros Bowls.
Quinoa Bowl Components:
- Quinoa: Rinse multicolor quinoa, prepare dinner it in vegetable broth, and stir within the scallions on the finish.
- Mango Salsa: Diced mango and cucumbers, sliced jalapeños, recent lime juice, salt, chopped cilantro
- Shrimp: Peel and devein one pound of shrimp.
- Garlic and Ginger sauteed till aromatic
- Teriyaki Sauce Components: Low-sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, grated ginger
- Sesame Oil drizzled on high of the shrimp
- Avocado: Prime the shrimp bowls with sliced avocado.
Find out how to Make Shrimp Teriyaki Bowls
- Quinoa: Put the quinoa and broth in a pot and convey it to a boil. When it begins boiling, lower the warmth to low, and prepare dinner for 15 to 18 minutes. Subsequent, combine within the scallions.
- Salsa: Mix all of the mango-cucumber salsa elements in a small bowl.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Stir the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and ginger in a big bowl.
- Shrimp: Warmth a teaspoon of olive oil in a big skillet on medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and ginger and prepare dinner for a minute till aromatic. Pour within the sauce, prepare dinner it for a couple of minutes till it reduces barely, and add the shrimp. Prepare dinner them for about three minutes and drizzle them with sesame oil.
- Assemble: Divide the quinoa into 4 bowls and high with equal quantities of shrimp, sauce, salsa, and avocado.
Find out how to Retailer Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
I personally don’t like meal prepping shrimp too many days forward, so I sometimes eat these teriyaki bowls the night time I make them and eat the leftovers the following day for lunch or dinner. You may eat the leftover shrimp and quinoa chilly or reheat them within the microwave.
- Grains: Sub rice or farro for quinoa.
- Fruit: Swap out the mango with pineapple.
- Cilantro: Hate cilantro? Skip it!
- Spiciness: Don’t like spicy meals? Take away the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño.
- Gluten-Free Bowls: Use tamari as an alternative of soy sauce.
- Sweetener: Substitute agave for honey.
- Protein: Swap shrimp with rooster or omit it for vegetarian bowls.
- Greens: Add halved cherry tomatoes or diced bell pepper for further veggies.
Extra Teriyaki Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
Place quinoa right into a pot with 1 1/3 cups broth and convey to a boil. When it begins boiling, flip warmth to low and canopy.
Prepare dinner 15 to 18 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
Toss in scallions.
In a small bowl, mix the mango, cucumber, jalapeño, lime juice, pinch of salt and cilantro. Put aside.
In a big bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and ginger. Put aside.
Add 1 tsp olive oil to a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and ginger and prepare dinner till aromatic, 1 minute.
Add the sauce to the pan and prepare dinner 3 to 4 minutes till it reduces barely, then add the shrimp.
Prepare dinner till shrimp are cooked by and pink, 3 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Divide the quinoa in 4 bowls. Prime every with cooked shrimp and sauce.
Prime with the mango and cucumber salsa and avocado.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 352 kcal, Carbohydrates: 44.5 g, Protein: 24 g, Fats: 10 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 143 mg, Sodium: 1389 mg, Fiber: 6.5 g, Sugar: 14.5 g