NEW YORK, Nov. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — New analysis undertaken by The Insurance coverage Bulletin maps the incidence of fatalities on Thanksgiving weekend to arrange drivers within the U.S. as they head out on the highway this Thanksgiving vacation.
The American Vehicle Affiliation predicts greater than 49 million People will drive 50 miles or extra to have a good time Thanksgiving this 12 months, which is projected to be the third busiest 12 months since AAA began monitoring vacation journey in 2000.
Extra individuals on the highway means extra accidents and tragically, extra fatalities. The Insurance coverage Bulletin used information from the Nationwide Freeway Visitors Security Administration’s (NHTSA) Fatality Evaluation Reporting System (FARS) on deadly accidents from 2016 to 2020 and U.S. Census information on a county and state degree to look at the place there have been better incidences of deadly automotive crashes primarily based on inhabitants. In city areas the place different transportation choices can be found, there have been fewer site visitors fatalities. Equally, the Northeast United States had a decrease share of site visitors fatalities per 100,000 residents than Southern and Western states. These have been our key findings:
- The states with the very best incidence of deadly automotive crashes over Thanksgiving are Mississippi, Montana, Wyoming, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Idaho, Arizona, Missouri and Alabama.
- The states with the bottom incidence of deadly automotive crashes are Rhode Island, Vermont, Minnesota, New York, Alaska, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, New Jersey And North Dakota.
- The highest 5 U.S. counties for deadly accidents per 100,000 are Flagler Co., Florida, Indian River Co., Florida, Pickens Co., South Carolina, Carroll Co., Georgia, Skagit Co., Washington.
- The most secure county for deadly auto accidents throughout Thanksgiving is New York County (Manhattan).
- Drivers between the ages of 18 and 29 have been concerned in 37% extra deadly crashes than drivers in older age teams.
- In comparison with girls, males are twice as more likely to be the driving force in a deadly crash.
- Most states have extra accidents on Thanksgiving weekend than on the typical day.
To see the complete breakdown, go to URL.
Contact: Will Kenton
The Insurance coverage Bulletin
[email protected], +1 6783619617
SOURCE The Insurance coverage Bulletin