Don’t miss this lighter model of the trending “Marry Me Rooster” recipe. The identical scrumptious creamy hen with sundried tomatoes is made more healthy with much less fats and added spinach. Your visitors will certainly wish to say “Marry me” after attempting this recipe!
Marry Me Rooster
This one-pan dinner is impressed by the viral “Marry Me Rooster,” with just a few tweaks to lighten it up. It’s such a scrumptious method to make boring hen breasts style superb! It options the identical tender boneless hen breasts nestled in a tomato cream sauce however replaces heavy cream with cream cheese and half-and-half and provides spinach for an additional veggie. The completed dish is so wealthy and comfortable that you just gained’t even know the cream is lacking. Plus, every serving has 30 grams of protein! Extra hen breast recipes you’ll love, Gradual Cooker Rooster Taco Chili, Spinach Stuffed Rooster Breasts and Air Fryer Rooster Bites.
Why This Creamy Sundried Tomato Rooster Works
- Makes Boring Rooster Breast Thrilling! I’m a darkish meat lady, so if I’m making hen breasts, they must be good!
- Spectacular: Your visitors will swoon over this hen and should even proclaim their love for you. The juicy hen with the creamy tomato sauce is so good, and it’d be nice to serve to your subsequent at-home date evening!
- Wholesome Marry Me Rooster: I lightened up the sauce, stored the olive oil to a minimal, and added extra greens.
- Fast and Simple: This hen dish cooks in a single skillet in lower than half-hour.
Marry Me Rooster Components
- Sundried Tomatoes: Drain sundried tomatoes from oil and chop them.
- Rooster: You’ll want two boneless, skinless hen breasts.
- Salt and Black Pepper to season the hen
- Flour: Coat the hen breasts in flour earlier than searing them.
- Minced Shallot and Garlic are cooked till aromatic and added to the sauce.
- Tomato paste provides the sauce a lightweight tomato taste.
- Spinach supplies additional fiber, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Marry Me Rooster Sauce: Mix hen broth with half-and-half and reduced-fat cream cheese for a creamy sauce that’s lighter than the unique recipe.
- Seasoning: Dried oregano, crimson pepper flakes
- Parmesan Cheese: Grate contemporary Parmesan over the hen earlier than serving.
Methods to Make Marry Me Rooster
- Prep the Rooster: Pound the hen breasts to a fair thickness, season with salt and pepper, and dredge the items in flour.
- Cook dinner the Rooster in a big skillet on medium-high warmth for about 5 minutes on all sides. Take away from the skillet and put aside.
- Sauté the Greens: Add the remaining olive oil with the shallots and garlic. Then, stir within the tomato paste and prepare dinner for a minute. Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach and prepare dinner till the spinach wilts.
- Make the Sauce: Scale back the warmth to low, and add the cream cheese, broth, half-and-half, oregano, and crimson pepper. Stir till the cream cheese is totally melted.
- Serve: Return the hen to the skillet and simmer them within the sauce for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
- Rooster: Swap hen breasts with hen tenders or thighs.
- Gluten-Free: Substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free combine.
- Broth: Substitute vegetable broth with hen.
- Spiciness: For spicier hen, add extra crimson pepper flakes or omit them for a milder model.
What to Serve with this simple Marry Me Rooster recipe
- This one-pot hen dish is nice by itself because it’s excessive in protein and has a serving of veggies. Pair it with a slice of hearty bread to take in the sauce.
- Serve Marry Me Rooster with pasta, like spaghetti, cavatappi, or orzo.
- Eat this meal with mashed potatoes or your favourite grain, like quinoa or rice, and inexperienced beans or a salad.
Leftover hen will last as long as 4 days within the fridge or three months within the freezer. Reheat it within the microwave till heat.
Extra Rooster Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 piece hen with sauce
Start by pounding the hen breasts to a fair thickness (about 1/2-inch thick). Season them with salt and black pepper. Dredge every hen piece in flour, shaking off any extra.
Warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or use from the solar dried tomatoes) in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the hen and prepare dinner for about 4-5 minutes per aspect or till the hen is cooked via and has a golden-brown crust. Take away the hen from the skillet and set it apart.
In the identical skillet, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the minced shallot and garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes till they grow to be aromatic and translucent.
Stir within the tomato paste and prepare dinner for one more 1-2 minutes.
Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and child spinach to the skillet. Cook dinner till the spinach wilts.
Scale back the warmth to low, after which add the cream cheese, hen broth, half-and-half, dried oregano, and crimson pepper flakes. Stir till the cream cheese is totally melted and the sauce is effectively mixed.
Return the cooked hen to the skillet and let it simmer within the sauce for a couple of minutes till heated via.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Please go away a score and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 piece hen with sauce, Energy: 286 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 30 g, Fats: 13 g, Saturated Fats: 4 g, Ldl cholesterol: 96 mg, Sodium: 504.5 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 2 g