This wholesome Lentil Salad with cooked lentils and diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and lemon juice is ideal for making forward for lunch because the flavors solely get higher in a single day.
I really like heat lentils, like in my Rooster and Lentil Soup and Lentils and Rice with Eggs and Bacon, however I used to be by no means actually a fan of lentils in a salad (I’m a choosy legume eater). However that each one modified years in the past after I purchased a chilly lentil salad at a well being meals retailer. I loved all the things about it – aside from the excessive worth. Lentils are so inexpensive to cook dinner at house, so I knew I needed to attempt making the salad myself. My home made model was a fraction of the price of the store-bought one, so save your cash, and make this salad ASAP! It’s additionally vegan, excessive in fiber and protein, and solely about 100 energy per serving.
What’s lentil salad manufactured from?
- Lentils: Brown lentils cook dinner with bay leaf and contemporary thyme. Inexperienced or black lentils would additionally work, and canned lentils are tremendous in the event you’re in a rush. If you happen to don’t love lentils, make it with any legume or grain, comparable to white beans, chickpeas, quinoa, or a mixture.
- Greens: This salad recipe requires celery, bell pepper, and carrots, however be happy to make use of no matter you might have. Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped child spinach, and celery would all work.
- Onion: Swap purple onion for shallots or scallions.
- Herbs: Sub contemporary basil, mint, or chives for parsley.
- Dressing: Add the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper on to the lentil combination – no must whisk individually. It’s also possible to substitute the lemon juice for purple wine or white wine vinegar.
The right way to Cook dinner Lentils for Lentil Salad
Lentils cook dinner a lot faster than dry beans. Plus, you don’t should soak them earlier than cooking.
- Mix the lentils, bay leaf, and thyme in a medium saucepan.
- Cowl the lentils with an inch of water. Don’t add salt to the water at this level or they are going to take for much longer to cook dinner.
- Deliver the lentils to a boil, cut back the warmth to low, and simmer uncovered for 16 to twenty minutes till the lentils are tender however not mushy.
- Drain the lentils and discard the bay leaf.
Lentil Salad Meal Prep
This chilly lentil salad recipe makes quite a bit, so that you’ll get a number of meals out of it. It lasts within the fridge for 3 days and is ideal as leftovers for lunch. If you happen to’re in search of extra meal prep salads with legumes, attempt my Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad and Fiesta Bean Salad.
Extra Lentil Recipes You’ll Love:
This wholesome Lentil Salad with cooked lentils and diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and lemon juice is ideal for making forward for lunch!
- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs contemporary thyme
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced purple bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced purple onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- contemporary floor black pepper
In a medium saucepan mix lentils, bay leaf, and thyme.
Add sufficient water to cowl by 1 inch.
Deliver to boil, cut back warmth and simmer uncovered till lentils are tender however not mushy, about 16 to twenty minutes.
Drain lentils and discard bay leaf.
Place in a big work bowl with carrots, celery, purple pepper, purple onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss to mix and serve chilled or room temperature.
Serving: 1scant cup, Energy: 102kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 7g, Fats: 3g, Sodium: 255mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 1g
WW Factors Plus: 3
Key phrases: Vegetarian Meals
Your feedback are useful!! If you happen to’ve tried this Lentil Salad recipe or every other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t overlook to fee the recipe and depart me a remark beneath! I’d love to listen to your ideas, variations and suggestions. And in the event you took some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can re-share on my tales!