Home made Cornbread is tender and fluffy with only a trace of sweetness and it’s straightforward to make from scratch.
It’s the proper bread to serve alongside your favourite hearty soups, stews, and chili recipes! Gentle, tender and moist, this recipe is ideal for dipping, dunking, or slathering with butter.
Making cornbread from scratch is very easy!
This recipe has widespread baking ingrdients, like all-purpose flour for construction and texture, baking powder because the leavening agent, and eggs to assist bind all of it collectively. Listed here are a couple of different additions:
- Cornmeal: Yellow cornmeal is the star of the present and provides the cornbread its distinct yellow taste and coloration.
- Sugar: A contact of sweetness to steadiness out the flavors.
- Buttermilk: Not solely does it add a tangy taste, nevertheless it additionally helps the cornbread rise, making it fluffy and moist (see recipe notes for substitution).
- Butter: Butter provides richness and taste and helps create a golden brown crust.
No Buttermilk? No drawback!
This recipe makes use of buttermilk for a wealthy taste in addition to to get a fantastic rise. Make your personal buttermilk substitute by putting 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill with milk, stir and let relaxation for five minutes.
This soured milk combination can be utilized in virtually any recipe calling for buttermilk.
This selfmade cornbread recipe is tremendous moist and tender with only a trace of sweetness. This isn’t an excessively candy cornbread (and it’s nice in stuffing or dressing).
I generally add a cup or so of corn kernels if I’ve them available (both canned and drained or frozen/defrosted). Different additions embody diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon (or bacon drippings rather than a number of the butter), or contemporary herbs.
Suggestions for Fluffy Moist Cornbread
- Like most fast bread recipes (similar to Banana Bread), combine the batter simply till moistened. Overmixing could cause a dry, robust cornbread.
- Verify the cornbread a couple of minutes early to make sure it doesn’t over bake. If a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear, the cornbread is finished.
- Let the cornbread cool no less than 10 minutes earlier than chopping so it doesn’t crumble.
- Serve heat or reheat within the oven or microwave to reheat.
Easy methods to Retailer Cornbread
Cornbread is a scrumptious and moist fast bread and needs to be saved in a tightly sealed container at room temperature (or within the fridge).
To freeze cornbread, reduce it into squares and place it in an hermetic container. In case you are layering the cornbread, place parchment paper between the layers to keep away from it sticking. Thaw by letting it sit at room temperature for about half-hour.
Should you’d wish to reheat it, wrap it in foil and reheat it within the oven for about quarter-hour at 350°F.
Home made Cornbread Recipe
This straightforward cornbread recipe is mild, fluffy, and scrumptious!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter.
Pour the moist elements into the dry elements and stir till simply mixed. Don’t overmix.
Pour the combination into the ready pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
Energy: 232 | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.
Recipe tailored from Chile Cheddar Cornbread.