Hello, mates! Welcome again to Week in Evaluation, the e-newsletter the place we in a short time sum up essentially the most learn TechCrunch tales from the previous week.
Need it in your inbox each Saturday morning? Get it right here.
- GTA 6 footage leaks: Roughly 90 clips of the subsequent Grand Theft Auto sport leaked out this week, with the uploader claiming to have hacked Rockstar Video games’ inside Slack. Rockstar confirmed the “community intrusion,” including that they’re “extraordinarily upset” to see issues leaked this fashion however that growth will “proceed as deliberate.”
- Wipro fires 300 workers for moonlighting: India’s IT large Wipro “has fired 300 workers in current months who have been discovered to be moonlighting for rivals,” writes Manish, with Wipro chairman Rishad Premji calling moonlighting an “act of integrity violation.”
- Revolut hacked: Banking/monetary providers startup Revolut confirmed this week that hackers have been in a position to breach particulars for a “small proportion” of its clients. The corporate declined to get particular about precisely what number of clients that works out to, however a breach disclosure filed with authorities within the firm’s dwelling nation of Lithuania suggests it’s round 50,000.
- Brelyon’s wild monitor: Need one thing extra immersive than a typical monitor however don’t desire a VR headset strapped to your face? Brelyon is attempting to reimagine the show, and so they’ve raised $15 million from a reasonably spectacular roster of traders to get it executed.
- Kia and Hyundai sued over design flaw: Earlier this 12 months, a TikTok went viral that publicized a not-very-complicated technique to steal sure fashions of Kia and Hyundai automobiles. Now a category motion lawsuit has been filed towards the automakers, with the grievance claiming the automobiles have been “intentionally” constructed with out “engine immobilizers,” which Rebecca describes as an “cheap and quite common gadget” meant to forestall this challenge.
- Google’s new Chromecast: Two years in the past, Google launched a 4K model of the Chromecast — the primary Chromecast to return with a devoted distant, somewhat than requiring a smartphone for the whole lot. They’re now bringing the identical design plus a distant to the extra reasonably priced HD (1080p) mannequin. The HD mannequin will price $30, whereas the 4K model will price $50.
- Fb customers sue Meta over iOS monitoring: “The grievance,” writes Taylor, “alleges that Meta evaded Apple’s new restrictions by monitoring customers via Fb’s in-app browser, which opens hyperlinks inside the app.”
You want podcasts? We’ve received podcasts! Good ones. Nice ones. Award-winning ones, even! This week:
- The Fairness staff requested, “What does breaking into enterprise capital appear to be at this time, and the way is it altering?”
- My mates on Discovered talked to the co-founders of Change about how/why they constructed a crypto-centric API for charitable giving.
- The Chain Response crew talked about — what else? — the current large modifications to the best way Ethereum works, and the perhaps-surprising influence “the merge” had in the marketplace.
Most stuff on TechCrunch is free. So what’s behind the TechCrunch+ paywall? Right here’s what TC+ members have been studying most: