In line with the EPA, the Kia EV6 can drive as much as 310 miles on a full battery cost. It has a mixed MPGe of as much as 117, which is able to fluctuate relying on the trim you select. The fundamental Mild (RWD) trim degree affords a 58.0 kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery, whereas all others have a 77.4 kWh battery.
The EV6 is likely one of the quickest charging electrical autos (EVs) in the marketplace at present.
Stage 3 DC Quick Charging
An 800-volt DC quick charging station with a 350-kilowatt charger can increase the battery with as much as 217 miles of vary in as little as 18 minutes. When you’re brief on time, these Stage 3 stations can add roughly 70 miles of vary in beneath 5 minutes.
At this degree, charging can elevate the 77.4 kWh battery from 10% to 100% in simply over seven hours. This estimate is predicated on a 240-volt outlet and a 40-amp circuit.
At Stage 1, an ordinary family outlet, it’ll take considerably longer and solely increase the battery by small quantities, even when plugged in in a single day.
How Lengthy Will It Take to Cost a Kia EV6?
- A typical outlet, or 3-prong plug (120v), will add about 9 miles of vary per hour and can take a median of 34 hours to go from empty to full.
- A 3.6kW connection will add about 14 miles of vary per hour and takes a median of 21 hours to go from empty to full.
- A 7kW connection will add about 27 miles of vary per hour and takes roughly 11 hours to go from empty to full.
- A 22kW connection will add about 42 miles of vary per hour and take roughly 7 hours to go from empty to full.
- A 50kW fast-charge connection can add as much as 95 miles of in half-hour and can take about an hour to go from 20% to 80%.
- A 150kW fast-charge connection can add as much as 284 miles of vary in half-hour and can take roughly 20 minutes to go from 20% to 80%.
Not like different standard EVs, a charging cable will not be included if you buy a brand new EV6. You will have to purchase it individually to be able to cost your car at dwelling. Stage 1 (120-volt) and Stage 2 (240-volt) CCS charging cables could also be an add-on choice via the seller on the level of sale, however they’ll possible have excessive markups and inflated retail pricing. Think about buying from a trusted on-line vendor for decrease value choices.
The EV6 comes outfitted with sensible options like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that hook up with an app in your smartphone. You’ll be able to schedule charging, examine the battery standing, and set reminders to make your charging routine extra seamless.
Notice: Examine together with your native utility supplier and see if rebates can be found for buying an EV charger. Many native electrical corporations supply incentives and rebates for establishing a residential charging station.
Does the EV6 Come With Free Charging?
Electrify America is likely one of the largest fast-charging station corporations in america. They’ve over 700 places nationwide with CCS, CHAdeMO, and J1772 connectors to accommodate varied EV makes and fashions.
You’ll be able to enroll on this program via the Kia Join cell app and the Electrify America App.
As with all electrical automobiles, you’ll discover a number of choices for charging an EV6 at dwelling and on the highway. Your residential charging setup requires a devoted outlet and electrical circuit for Electrical Car Provide Gear (EVSE). If you’re away from dwelling, EV charging stations may have a CCS connector for common use.
- Stage 1 charging cables are designed to plug into an ordinary 120v electrical outlet. This offers a sluggish “trickle” cost and can solely increase your battery by small quantities, even when it’s plugged in in a single day. It should take a number of days to fill a low battery linked to a Stage 1 charger. Though not advisable, it’s doable to make use of this as your main charging methodology relying in your driving habits.
- Stage 2 charging makes use of a 240v outlet for a connection as much as 9 instances sooner than a Stage 1 plug. That is the advisable solution to cost an EV6 at dwelling. A licensed electrician might want to hardwire the outlet in case you don’t have already got EVSE put in.
- Renters and drivers residing in multi-unit dwellings might expertise hassle establishing this charging station at dwelling. Many residence complexes are putting in charging stations for residents as EVs change into extra widespread in these residential areas. Seek the advice of your property supervisor or landlord for extra steerage.
- Stage 2 public chargers are typically simple to find in purchasing facilities, grocery retailer parking tons, workplace parks, and extra. The Kia Join cell app also can allow you to find a public charging station in your space. These chargers are normally outfitted with completely different connector sorts to accommodate varied EVs, together with the EV6, which makes use of a CCS inlet port.
- Stage 3 DC quick chargers are extensively accessible across the nation. They feed a direct present of electrical energy to your battery for a speedy increase. These charging stations are nice for highway journeys and long-haul drives.
The place to Cost
For the reason that Kia EV6 doesn’t include a charger on the level of buy, you’ll want to purchase one individually to cost the car at dwelling. At-home charging with a Stage 2 connection is essentially the most handy means for EV house owners to maintain their batteries full and prepared for the highway.
When you don’t need to buy your individual charging cable, or in case you reside in a constructing with restricted or restricted entry to EVSE connectivity, plan to high off your battery as wanted at public charging stations. These are plentiful in greater cities, and so they proceed to pop up in smaller cities and rural areas. Buying facilities, inns, workplace parks, and grocery shops are nice locations to search out one.