This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This Butter Pie Crust is essentially the most tender and flaky crust you’ll ever make! It’s produced from simply 4 components and can make the proper base for all your pies this vacation season.
I like an excellent pie! In truth, it’s one in every of my favourite desserts. I like ’em each method! Chilly, scorching, baked, or no-bake, give me a pie and I’ll eat it! This additionally means I’ve tons of pie recipes you’ll want to check out! You’ve received to do that traditional Chocolate Pie, this “dump all the pieces in a blender and bake” Inconceivable Pie, and this excellent for any event Recent Strawberry Pie!
All Butter Pie Crust
I’ve mentioned it earlier than and I’ll say it once more, I LOVE PIE! It’s the proper dessert. And the proper dessert deserves the PERFECT pie crust, and this butter pie crust is it! It’s so easy to whip up, and has a scrumptious buttery taste that everybody at all times compliments. It’s excellent for any filling, whether or not you want your traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or need to strive one thing completely different, like a German chocolate pie or a strawberry rhubarb. No matter your filling, this crust is the proper match!
This butter pie crust (generally known as all butter pie crust) is made with solely butter, so that you gained’t have to fret about grabbing shortening. You make it the identical method you do a standard pie crust. I like this recipe as a result of it at all times will get tons of compliments, and actually, it’s one of many best crusts to make! Additionally it is the proper sort of crust for a wonderful lattice or double-crusted pie.
This pie crust is one in every of my favorites as a result of it’s so easy and solely takes 4 components to make a flaky and scrumptious pie crust. It at all times completely browns on high and has nice construction, however nonetheless melts in your mouth. You will adore it! Discover the precise measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- All-Function Flour: Your common pantry flour will work nice! As a result of this pie crust solely has a couple of easy components, the higher high quality flour you’ve gotten, the higher it can style!
- Salt: Salt brings out all the beautiful flavors on this pie crust.
- Chilly Butter: It would be best to use unsalted butter since you might be already including salt to the crust. It must be good and chilly, you might even freeze it.
- Chilly Water: The water ought to really be ice chilly, so drop some ice within the bowl earlier than utilizing it to verify it’s the proper temperature.
Let’s Make the Crust!
This butter pie crust recipe is very easy! I make it on a regular basis, and each time I do persons are asking me for my pie crust recipe. It’s so easy and you’ll develop into the pie crust knowledgeable after folks style your pies.
- Pulse: Utilizing a meals processor with the metallic blade attachment, pour flour salt and butter cubes in. Pulse till combination is the feel of coarse meal. While you’re pulsing the meals processor, add ice water by the feed tube. Course of till clumps type, don’t let it type one strong ball.
- Roll: On a floured floor, roll to an 11” circle with a rolling pin, press pie dough into pie plate and trim dough to your liking.
- Refrigerate: Prick backside and sides with a fork or toothpick and chill in fridge till agency, about half-hour within the fridge, or quarter-hour within the freezer.
- Bake: Should you’re wanting pie crust on the highest of the pie, double the recipe, roll two separate rounds, fill your pie with desired filling and high together with your second spherical of dough. Bake in keeping with the filling’s directions.
- Blind Bake: In case your pie crust must be blind baked, bake the crust in an oven preheated to 425℉ till golden and crisp, about quarter-hour. To forestall shrinking, line it first intently with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Ideas for Making Butter Pie Crust
This crust is straightforward peasy! You will love this recipe, and it’ll undoubtedly develop into your go-to pie crust. I take advantage of it yearly and may’t consider it took me this lengthy to share it with you! Listed below are some ideas I’ve discovered through the years that can make you an immediate professional.
- Mixing the Dough: Don’t overwork this dough or it can develop into powerful and never flaky as soon as baked. You additionally will run the chance of getting the butter too heat, which suggests the fats within the butter gained’t have an opportunity to make the crust flaky such as you need it. It’s so necessary that the butter stays chilly and crumbly! Be sure you contact the dough as little as potential together with your fingers, since your fingers are heat and can soften the dough shortly.
- Preserve It Cool: The dough must be saved as cool as potential, I like to recommend refrigerating after lining the pan with the dough earlier than baking. This may make sure you get a flaky pie crust! It’s going to additionally assist the pie crust keep in form with out shrinking or increasing.
- Making Pie Crust With out a Meals Processor: Individuals have been doing it endlessly! And each on occasion, I like doing it too. Observe these identical directions, however as a substitute of placing your components within the meals processor, you’ll put them into a big bowl. Use a pastry cutter to chop within the components, it can act just like the blades of the meals processor.
Storing Home made Pie Crust
If you’re making this butter pie crust forward of time, that could be a nice concept! Will probably be a good time saver and fewer dishes to wash on the day of your gathering. Listed below are some tricks to retailer your pie crust!
Within the Fridge: You’ll be able to retailer your raw pie dough in a ball wrapped in plastic wrap within the fridge for as much as 3 days. It would be best to bake it earlier than the three days are up or it could develop into dry.
Within the Freezer: Retailer your raw pie dough both in a dough ball wrapped in plastic wrap or rolled out and pressed right into a tin pie pan and lined. It’s going to last as long as 3 months. Permit the crust dough to thaw within the fridge earlier than rolling it out.
Utilizing a meals processor with the metallic blade attachment, pour flour salt and butter in. Pulse till combination is the feel of coarse meal. While you’re pulsing the meals processor, add ice water by the feed tube. Course of till clumps type, don’t let it type one strong ball.
On a floured floor, roll to an 11” circle, press into pie pan and trim dough to your liking.
Prick backside and sides with a fork or toothpick and refrigerate till agency, about half-hour within the fridge, or quarter-hour within the freezer.
Should you’re wanting pie crust on the highest of the pie, double the recipe, roll two separate rounds, fill your pie with desired filling and high together with your second spherical of dough. Bake in keeping with the filling’s directions.
In case your pie crust must be blind baked, bake the crust in an oven preheated to 425℉ till golden and crisp, about quarter-hour. To forestall shrinking, line it first intently with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Energy614kcal (31%)Carbohydrates127g (42%)Protein17g (34%)Fats2g (3%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats0.4gTrans Fats0.03gLdl cholesterol2mg (1%)Sodium1169mg (49%)Potassium179mg (5%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar0.5g (1%)Vitamin A25IU (1%)Calcium28mg (3%)Iron8mg (44%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.